AIGC Named Graduate Scholarships
Beginning January 1, 2020
The AIGC Named Graduate Scholarships will accept applications for the AY 2020-2021!
To be eligible, applicant must be pursuing a master, doctoral or profession degree. Must be an enrolled member of a federally recognized American Indian tribe or Alaska Native group OR provide documentation of ancestry to possession of one-fourth degree Indian blood of a federally recognized tribe. The following are need based scholarships and you will be placed in the pool based on your field of study. Please base your essay on the field of study you will be pursing.
CNIGA Scholarship: California Student, gaming, hospitably, public policy or public administration fields
- Dr. George Blue Spruce Fellowship: Dentistry and Dental Medicine
- Elizabeth Furger Fellowship: Women studying the creative fine arts
- Gerald Peet Fellowship: Medicine
- Grace Wall Barreda Memorial Fellowship: Environmental studies and public health
- Jeanette Elmer Graduate Scholarship: Members of Wisconsin, New Mexico and Arizona tribes who are seeking library science degrees
- John Rainer Fellowship: One male and one female who show leadership and commitment to American Indian communities. Current AIGC Graduate Fellows are eligible to apply.
- Kathrin Lamon Fund: Literature and journalism
- Lynne Ruth Lafin Elmore Sucher Scholarship: Must be from a New Mexico tribe seeking a degree in math, medicine, or life science
- Ruth Muskrat Bronson Fellowship: Nursing or health-related degree
Note: All applicants are required to submit a Tribal Eligibility Certificate (TEC) and Financial Needs Form (FNF)which can be downloaded from the AIGC website. Full Online Application instructions should be reviewed throughout the application process.
Please note that all notifications of application status are posted here in the AIGC Online Application System. Only those applicants approved for funding (after July 15) will receive an email from FELLOWSHIPS@AIGCS.ORG with information regarding further instructions and additional required verifying documents.